A little over one year ago we found out we were having our 4th girl. Although we had hoped to experience the adventures of raising a boy, we were grateful that God gave us another healthy, sweet little girl to add to our princess posse. Whether you are raising girls or boys, they both have their challenges, and they are all blessings from the Lord!
With that said, I am going to start by writing up my version of a list that Dave wrote about all the dumb comments people say to him or I when they hear we have 4 girls. Seriously, we hear these things pretty much every time one of us is out with all of them (or even just 3 of them). I am sure most people mean well, but it is hard to hear some of these over and over (especially number 10!) as Dave said, “a hearty congratulations is plenty”
- Wow! Hope you have a lot of bathrooms in your house!
- Does your husband have a shotgun?
- Does your husband have a baseball bat ready?
- You’re gonna have fun when they are all teenagers! or
- Are you going to move out when they all become teenagers?
- Puberty will be an exciting time at your place! (I hear an even more negative version of this)
- Wow.. you will have a lot of weddings to pay for!
- You sure have your hands full! (not always in a positive sounding voice)
- Better get some male dogs for your husband!
- “Poor Dave” or “Your poor husband” (I am bothered by this one the most!)
- Good time to purchase that Mary Kay mini-van (Dave heard this one)
- Bet you have a lot of pink at your house. (this one isn’t so bad… 🙂 )